We had a pretty good winter as a club, members travelled far and wide to enjoy a wide variety of skiing activities: training, trail skiing, mountain touring and much more. With skis stowed in the garage it's time for a few summer activities, which include:
- Mon 6 July Coastal bird-watching walk, Druridge Bay. Contact Alan.
- Tues 14 July Evening walk and pub meal, Hexhamshire. Contact Jane.
- Sat 15 August t.b.a Saturday bike ride, quiet lanes, contact Keith.
- Sat 1 August coastal walk from Craster. Contact Tim Owen.
- 27 June, 11 July, 22 Aug SSE Telemark Events - Tamworth, Glasgow, H/Hempstead.
More details are to be found in the latest newsletter.
Planned roller ski training/instruction weekends are:
Saturday-Sunday 4th - 5th July, Hillingdon Cycle Circuit, Hayes, Middlesex
Saturday-Sunday 22nd – 23rd August, Hetton Lyons Country Park, Co.Durham
Saturday-Sunday 3rd – 4th October, Salt Ayre , Lancaster
If you want anymore information about roller skiing, get in touch with Alasdair.
Social events and trips to the climbing wall in Byker complete the line-up for the coming months.
As always, all are welcome to join in the fun. Check out our Facebook group 'Tyneside Loipers' to find out who is going skiing (summer or winter) locally. If you want to join us but don't have the necessary kit, we might be able to help. A list of club kit is in this word document.